Saturday 18 February 2017

India 2017

18/02/2017

well here we are 2 sleeps to go until one of the biggest adventures of my life- a visit to India

all sort of ready bags packed- will probably repack again tomorrow !

Itinary  printed off- tickets and passport ready !!

The inspiration behind this trip is my great Aunty Margaret ( my mums aunt) who went to India  as a missionary- unlike us she travelled to India by ship on the SS city of Manchester setting sail from Liverpool in January of 1930- just over 87 years ago !!

I am going away with my very good friend Michelle from Tasmania whom I have known for 25 years since we met at Witan 92 an international scout camp in Denmark- this was the first time I had really ventured abroad by myself  and have since visited many other countries  both with Guiding and my family.

During our trip we will be visiting and staying at Sangam one of girl guiding world centres and will be there for world thinking day on February 22nd -which as a member of girl guiding UK will be such an experience.

This trip will also be one of the highlights of this year as I will be 50 in March and am looking forward to celebrating later in the year.

hope you enjoy following our travels and seeing what we get up to........

4 comments:

  1. Jane and Michelle I wish you both the post wonderful experience.

    Jane I have heard you so often talk about this dream - may every moment be all you have dreamed about and more.

    I look forward to following your dream

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you both bon voyage and a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels and to happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you got the blog working - I look forward to reading all about it and wish all all the very best for a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete